Thursday, February 09, 2006

7 days left?

What would you do if it were told (correctly) to you that you had only 7 days left before you depart the current physical body?

Would you:
- Spend these days trying to "enjoy" the material comforts and pleasures as much as possible?
- Try to spend these days with your family and so-called near dear ones?
- Try to spend this time preparing for what happens to you after you depart the physical body?

Think about it.

Now, if you know the answer, then think about the fact that you or I or most of us don't know when we could die. It could be the very next instant, in a few days, months or years. Given that we don't know when the end time would come, why don't we try spending most of our time on the thing that is most important to us out of the above three, keeping all other things secondary?

1 Comments:

Blogger g said...

I worked for many years in hospitals. I often asked myself this question.

Even now, I don't think I would "do" anything different.

I wouldn't quit my job. But I would "think" differently about everything I was doing.

Maybe I would write people letters telling them how much they meant to me. Maybe I would do that.

2/11/2006 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home