Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Selfishness

Not everybody might like this post... be warned... and please don't take it otherwise if you read it...

Everybody (except True Masters) in this world, myself first, is selfish. Why? Because for everything we do, we associate the word "I" with it. If we make a friend, it's because "I like this person". If we marry someone, it's because "I love this person". If we give something to the poor, it's because "I feel good giving...". You will notice the "I" word in every action we take. If you seriously think about it and take out the "I" word from anything you do, you will notice that most probably there will be no motivation left to complete that action.

So, everybody is selfish, the degree of selfishness might vary, but the self is always there until one finally reaches a state where there is no self, only Him...

So, until then practice to Kill The "Self"...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very difficult to remember even after few minutes of reading thish post which is truly real but why not being practical despite i want to make it truely operational in my life.
I think that the obstruction in my practice with the tool of forgetfullness to such realities seem to be the will of the god.What to do? so dat i dont forget and continue the practice to kill the self.

2/20/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

Satsang again and again along with practice is very important so that we don't forget and so that we recharge and remind ourselves again.

2/20/2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home